Meet Dr. Kathrina Agatep
You’re probably reading this because you want to get an idea of who I am, and whether or not you should trust me to be your dentist. That’s totally fair, and I would advise all of my friends and family to have the same level of diligence you’re doing when choosing a health-care provider.
So let’s start off with a word that I reflect on every morning.
I’m absolutely grateful to be doing something I love. Remember when you were 10 and had to write that essay on what you wanted to be when you grew up? Well…I wrote down – DENTIST. No joke, I’ve wanted to work on teeth for as long as I can remember. So without sounding like too cliche, this isn’t just a career, it really is a true passion of mine.
I’m grateful to my parents, who may have not had the financial means to support me through school, but had enough confidence in me to co-sign on the absurdly expensive student loan at NYU that I’m still paying for.
I’m grateful for my family for helping me keep it together, because it’s not easy being a working Mom. According to my kids, I’m the absolute best dentist in San Diego, and it makes me extremely happy that they want to follow in my footsteps and eventually take over the office. I’ll do whatever I can to help them follow their dreams.
Lastly, I’m grateful for the 4,793 appointments that we completed in the last 12 months. You all kept me very busy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m committed to keeping each and every one of you healthy, and making sure that your smile gives you the confidence to engage the world.
I’m originally from the Bay Area, but have had the privilege of calling San Diego home for over a decade.
- New York University College of Dentistry – 2003
- Las Vegas Institute of Advanced Dental Studies – Fellow
- Misch International Implant Institute – Fellow
- Member – Dental Success Institute
I like to keep up to date with the latest techniques in dentistry, and am proud to be mentored by a group of 50 fellow dentists who are just as passionate about dentistry as I am.
I am an expert in the following areas of Dentistry:
- Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique for Gum Recession
- Neuromuscular Occlusion – Non-surgical treatment of TMJ / TMD disorders
- Comprehensive Aesthetic Reconstruction – Cosmetic Dentistry
- Comfortable Injections
- Oral Sedation
- Among the top 1% of dentists nationwide to have undergone extensive training in cosmetic and neuromuscular dentistry
- One of the few TMJ/TMD Specialists in San Diego
- One of the few dentists in San Diego trained in the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique for gum recession
- Featured on CBS covering oral cancer diagnostics
- Featured in the New York Times covering performance mouthguards
- Featured in Practical Aesthetics for my work in cosmetic dentistry
- Office showcased in Facets magazine
- Voted Best Dentist in San Diego by my kids (that’s all that really matters)
- Voted worst chef by my husband (I focus my efforts on dentistry)
- I have the best dental team in Sorrento Valley!
- I tell it like it is
- If I see a cavity, or the start of one, I will correct it
- I will educate you on every facet of your treatment, and empower you with the information needed to help you make an informed decision.
- I believe in honesty and transparency
- I will NOT let insurance dictate your treatment plan. Just because it’s not covered, doesn’t mean it’s not necessary
- I treat the root cause of the problem to improve your overall health and restore functionality
- I have an open door policy, feel free to address any concerns you might have with me or my office
- Gratitude – again…it’s what gives me the energy day in and day out
- Trust is what makes the doctor/patient relationship work
So that’s it! If you’re looking for a great dentist in San Diego that is conveniently located in Sorrento Valley, give me a call at (858) 490-4281 and we would love to welcome you into our office.
Kathrina Agatep DDS, LVIF